I am an NSERC H.C. Wang Visiting Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics at Cornell University.
My area of research is in geometric group theory and generalized nonpositive curvature. I am broadly interested in groups acting on and sharing characteristics with metric and combinatorial spaces of nonpositive curvature.
Previously, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Mathematics and their Applications at the École Normale Supérieure of Paris. Before that, I was an assistant professor at the Institute of Mathematics at the University of Wrocław. I completed my doctoral studies in 2019 at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics of McGill University under the supervision of Daniel Wise. For more details, please see my CV.
In print or accepted for publication:
- N. Hoda, Crystallographic Helly Groups, Bull. Lond. Math. Soc., to appear, 21 pages.
- N. Hoda, Strongly shortcut spaces, Algebr. Geom. Topol., to appear, 35 pages.
- T. Haettel, N. Hoda, H. Petyt, Coarse injectivity, hierarchical hyperbolicity, and semihyperbolicity, Geom. Topol. 27 (2023), no. 4, 1587–1633.
- N. Hoda, S. Krishna M S, Relatively hyperbolic groups with strongly shortcut parabolics are strongly shortcut, Math. Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 175 (2023), no. 2, 367–380.
- N. Hoda, Shortcut Graphs and Groups, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 375 (2022), no. 4, 2417–2458.
- N. Hoda, Quadric Complexes, Michigan Math. J. 69 (2020), no. 2, 241–271.
- N. Hoda, D. Wise, D. Woodhouse, Residually Finite Tubular Groups, Proc. Roy. Soc. Edinburgh Sect. A 150 (2019), no. 6, 2937–2951
- N. Hoda, D. Osajda, Two-Dimensional Systolic Complexes Satisfy Property A, Internat. J. Algebra Comput. 28 (2018), no. 7, 1247–1254.
- P. Bose, V. Dujmović, N. Hoda, P. Morin, Visibility-Monotonic Polygon Deflation. Contrib. Discrete Math. 10 (2015), no. 1, 1–21.
- T. Haettel, N. Hoda, H. Petyt, ℓp metrics on cell complexes, arXiv:2302.03801 (2023), 36 pages.
- C. H. Cashen, N. Hoda, D. J. Woodhouse, Asymptotic cones of snowflake groups and the strong shortcut property, arXiv:2010.07400 (2022), 67 pages.
- N. Hoda, Bisimplicial Complexes and Asphericity, arXiv:1804.04630 (2018), 19 pages.
- N. Hoda, J. Świątkowski, Trees of Graphs as Boundaries of Hyperbolic Groups.
Videos of Talks
- Minicourse: Notions of nonpositive curvature and groups: abstract, videos: part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4
- Strongly shortcut spaces: abstract, video, slides
- Hierarchical hyperbolicity, coarse Helly spaces and the strong shortcut property: abstract, video
- Constructing bisimplices: abstract+video, slides
- Constructing bisimplices (WoG): video
- Shortcut Graphs and Groups: abstract+video, video